The Water Utilities Department consists of four divisions; Drinking (potable) Water, Wastewater, Pretreatment and Laboratory Services. All department employees are committed to delivering a safe and abundant supply of potable water sufficient to meet the needs of each of our customers at the lowest practical costs. Our utility also has the parallel mission of transporting customer wastewater to treatment facilities at the lowest practical costs. To that end, we remain vigilant in meeting the challenges of source water protection, water conservation, and community education.
The City of Garland’s water and sewer rates are designed to recover the cost of providing services to our customers. The billing structure consists of two components: a customer charge which covers the cost of reading and inspecting meters, servicing customer accounts, and billing; and a volume charge based on metered consumption. Check out more information on what is included in the cost of providing water to the residents and businesses for Garland.
Residential Water Rates Effective October 1, 2019 Click Here
Additional detailed information can be found in the City of Garland Code of Ordinances, Chapter 50, Article II, Section 50.34.
Residential Sewer Rates Effective October 1, 2019 Click Here
Commercial and industrial rates can be found in the City of Garland Code of Ordinances, Chapter 50, Article II, Section 50.35.
SEASONAL WATER USE SCHEDULE IN EFFECT
Between November 1 and May 31, as outlined in the Water Conservation Plan, all Garland water utility customers may water once per week using an in-ground sprinkler system. Customers have the flexibility to choose which day of the week to water. Watering with a hand-held device, soaker hose or drip irrigation is allowed any time on any day as long as excessive runoff does not occur.
Please remember, our watering schedule is subject to change dependent on the weather conditions and effectiveness of local water conservation measures. Those changes would be posted on this page.
WE ARE CURRENTLY OPERATING UNDER
- Water Conservation Plan: YES
- Water Resource Emergency Mgmt Plan: NO
Water Conservation Plan - Ordinance 7071 Water Resource Emergency Mgmt Plan - Ordinance 7072
CONSERVATION PLAN KEY POINTS
- During the months of April through October, outdoor irrigation between the hours of 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. is prohibited. This is to prevent excessive evaporation.
- No outdoor watering is allowed during a rain event.
- Newly-installed irrigation systems must be equipped with rain and freeze sensors.
- Watering with a hand-held hose using an automatic shutoff nozzle, soaker hose or drip irrigation is allowed at any time on any day as long as excessive runoff does not occur.
- Outdoor irrigation systems must be properly maintained and any leaks or broken sprinkler heads must be repaired
Under the current conservation measures:
- Pool owners do not need a variance to fill or refill their pool. Note: Water used to refill a pool is charged at current rates.
- Newly planted landscape and/or sod watered by irrigation or sprinkler more than 2 times per week will need to request a variance by emailing the Water Utilities Department. Please include Name, Address, and the dates needed for a watering schedule variance. Watering by hand, soaker hose or drip irrigation is allowed any day, at any time as long as excessive runoff does not occur.
|Water Operations||General & Emergency/After Hours Inquiries Email or call 972 205-3210|
|Robert Ashcraft||Water Utilities Director|
|William Gase||Wastewater Utilities Director|
|Mamun Yusuf||Compliance Director|
|Lorrie Reeves||Environmental Outreach Coordinator|
|Wes Kucera||Managing Director of Water and Wastewater Utilities|
REQUEST SERVICE OR REPORT AN ISSUE
To request water/wastewater maintenance or to report an issue online, visit Garland eAssist. You can also report a violation of any current water use restrictions.
For water and wastewater emergency service, urgent maintenance requests, industry/commercial discharge reporting or taste and odor concerns, call 972 205-3210 or email Waterops@GarlandTX.gov. Our control center operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
UTILITY CUSTOMER SERVICE
For information about utility accounts, billing, credit information, and payment locations visit the Utility Customer Service website or call the main number for Customer Service at 972-205-2671.
For Emergency Power Outages call 972-205-3000 (24 Hours) or visit the Garland Power & Light website.
For City of Garland water and sewer line locates, please contact Texas 811 2 days before digging. You can visit the Texas 811 website or call 811. Line location services are provided for water and wastewater (sewer) mains only. Line locates for service lines (laterals) and lines on private property are not provided through the city.