Helpful Resources

Obtaining a Permit

Only a master plumber or a licensed irrigator may obtain a permit for plumbing repairs or irrigation installation for a non-residential (commercial) project. No exceptions.Plumbing

This permit is to be obtained when no General Contractor is on the job. When a General Contractor has obtained a construction permit, the plumber may contact our offices at 972-205-2300 and validate the job, assuming that the plumber is registered with the City.

All irrigation permits must be obtained separately from any construction permits.

RPZ & Double-Check Valves

Installation of RPZ and Double-Check Valves require permits and inspections.

Contact Us

The plumber may contact our office at 972-205-2300 between 8:30 and 9 a.m. and between 4 and 5 p.m. to speak with the Plumbing Inspector.

Please email Alford Caraway in the City of Garland Water Department or call at 972-205-3214 to determine if you are required to have annual inspections on the RPZ or Double-Check Valves.